Sunday 7 March 2010

My second coaching call with Jo Ann

After missing to have a coaching call last Wednesday due to my misunderstanding about the time, we rescheduled a new coaching call today. I found that it drew a lot of attention to concentrate in both time different and English conversation that I communicated over the coaching call or in my correspondence with her. Jo Ann, please accept my apologise. I do promise to improve my English communication skills and practice it more and more.

Today, we have a good time sharing about my 4 player model. She starts the session with the type of my conversation process. Her question of "Are you a mover?" brought me to discover my leadership style and the way I could suspend a point of view to blaim my staff. It was amazing time for me to hold the space to listen to staff story without judgement. I was very lucky to read Week 4 articles and gained a reflection experience as a coach from the coaching session with MaryKate. The two situations came at the right time I have difficulty with my staff.

I found myself as a witness to listen to my staff story when I took my self-identification away and have deep listening with tears in my eyes, it was easy to listen to any criticize and comments with new fresh eyes. It seems like my download and mover mode was cleaned up and I could grasp the sense of collective wisdom that flow into the coffee shop corner that we spend two and a half hours there. We came back to office with laugh and relief, even we still know that nothing has been changed at this moment but we had a strong and deep connection that bound our life together.

It seems like a seed of bystander and follower slowly grew up in my heart. Being a mover and opposer for a nearly a half of century, it is now a time for me to learn and start the new journey as a bystander and follower which I ignored for a whole life.

At the end of this reflection, I am curious about the meeting place that Jo Ann and me meet every week, why both of us become a coach an coachee? Is it a time different or a challenging of English communication that brought us here?

Chinrinee

No comments:

Post a Comment