Friday 12 March 2010

The Practice of Suspension - Day 2

I have a good chance to practice my suspension with one of my talent staff who is very smart, has strong leadership skills and a good team player. The most essential characteristic is her commitment to strive for success. I am very appreciated with her initiative and multiple skills.

I invite her to talk with me today as I find that the more busy she is, the more error her work becomes. Sometime, I am very frastrated with her decision making but hardly share my inner feeling with her. After thinking for 2 days, I make a decision to practice my witness skills, the skills to mirror my own thougt and feeling through a conversation.

Even today is a busy day for both of us, we just come back from client meeting and need time to clear some pending jobs. I find myself walk around and have a bit stress when trying to find a nice invitation sentence. "Are you free to talk with me?" is the best question that I can think at that moment.

She comes to see me with a doubtful face so I start to begin our conversation by asking about her day. At that moment, I notice that I lose my focus to say a sentence that I really want to say, so I just flow with her story. Suddenly, I find that a time is a bit slow down when I invite her to share her thought about the challenging situation we face at this moment. We look at each other after a while and say nothing. Then, the flow of her story begins without interruption for half an hour.

A sentence of "imagine hanging the judgment out in front of you and let it float there" arises in my head. I find myself listen to her story without any judgement and feel a bit light in my physical body. I find myself expressing my inner feeling and thought freely and have no pressure about the outcome when we have different ideas.

I finish our conversation by leaving her a question of how we can learn together to improve our efficiency and increase a vitality in our working process. She promises to come up with her ideas on next Monday. For me, her new idea is not a matter at all, the most important one is the way we can express ourselve and listen to the concerns of each other better. It is really a gift from dialogue exercise that strengthen my inner balance to accept people as the way they are.

Chinrinee

No comments:

Post a Comment