Wednesday 10 March 2010

The Practice of Suspension

The screen of 14 people sitting in a circle give me a warm and welcome space as everyday. I feel familiar and comfortable with this setting and enjoy the time with my staff. We start the day with the report of pending job that each of us has on hands. The flow of the reports go on very well sometime we are laughing at some joyful ideas that each of us try to put into the circle. I can feel the happiness and joyful around the corner of the room.

The laughing moment turns into silent when it comes to my queue. I decide to report and share my feeling on the project that one of my staff make decision without informing me. We lose a big amount of income and I would like to draw their attention to help me overcome this challenging. I could feel the breathing and tension spread from each person, it seems like room is empty nobody answer to my question of "How can we help to overcome this challenge"?

As I commit to practice suspension today so I start my day with deep meditation and remind myself to become a witness and welcome every situation that the day bring to me. So, I hold the story that each person shares and try to open my inner ears to listen to the visible and invisible story they express. The familiar sentence of my music teacher come into my ears, "Put your spotlight to see from the above". For me the moment of silence help me a lot to put my spotlight to see the whole story.

Finally, we come up with the solution to control our expenses and share our head, heart and hands to manage this job together, the room turn into laughing again and we end our meeting with the blessing poem. For me, this day is one of the most wonderful day in my life. The song of "When we make a home" from Good Time for love album blow into my ears.......

"(A lovely home.....ooh....)
When we make a home
When our love has grown
When all our apprehensions fade
And we can say "forever"
When we share our dreams
Everything we own
We'll build a life together
When we make a home

* Safe and warm (Safe and warm)
We're sheltered from the strom
(So we'll happy together)
When we make a home together
Love will last forever
Now our love is young
Facing the unknown (Forever more...)
But we'll find joy together
When we make a home

(A lovely home.....ooh....)
When our hearts are one
Though our minds are two
When we can cherish everyday
And fill our lives with laughter
We will dance and sing
In the setting sun
We've made a home together
When our hearts are one (* twice)

Chinrinee

No comments:

Post a Comment